- ISIPT membership required; must be renewed annually to maintain certification.
- Uses (or has used) IPT as a part of their clinical or research practices.
- Completion of specific supervisor’s training, academic course, or training through a research project that covered the core competencies and adherence elements of IPT where available.
- Written documentation of completed didactic training and clinically supervised IPT cases, plus has directly supervised trainees in at least 4 IPT cases, including a minimum of 8 hours of supervision with each trainee per case.
- Written documentation of number of supervision hours provided, along with a description of setting and patient population.
- Letter from (at least one) supervisee, i.e., psychologist, nurse, psychiatry resident, social work student and specifics of any IPT adaptations utilized (IPT-A, IPC, IPT-PTSD are some examples.) documenting successful IPT supervision.
- Cover letter no longer than two (2) pages providing any information that will support the criteria for ISIPT Therapist Certification.
- Image of a government issues identification.
- A letter of recommendation from another IPT trainer or expert colleague who has observed the applicant’s work and can provide feedback on his or her training competencies.
- Proof of completed didactic training and clinically supervised IPT cases (see above).
- Documented number of supervision hours which includes setting and patient population.
- Letter from supervisee documenting successful supervision.
Maintenance of Certification
- All supervisors will need to recertify every five years.
- Applications can be submitted through the ISIPT.org website.
- Supervisors due to recertify will be sent a reminder of their recertification one year prior to the end date of their certification.
- Supervisors are required to submit documentation of 40 hours of supervision of at least three supervisees over the last five years or a minimum of eight hours of supervisor trainings, or a minimum of eight hours of training workshops, consultations, webinars, etc. that have helped maintain your supervising skills, knowledge and experience since you were certified. A list of supervisees or those consulted must be submitted, or documentation of training.
- Supervisors must have maintained their membership in ISIPT over the previous five years.
- Supervisors must have maintained their professional license or credentials.
- Application will be made online. There will be two application periods annually, dates TBD.
- Payment for certification will be required at the time of submission. Regardless of the outcome of the application, no refunds will be offered.
- Full application will be reviewed by the ISIPT Certification Committee.
- Notification to candidate will occur 8-12 weeks after the submission deadline.
- Supervisor Certification: $450 USD total ($250 USD for Part 1 and $200 USD for Part 2)
- Fee Waivers may be offered to therapists from World Bank Lower-Middle and Lower Income countries by written request to firstname.lastname@example.org