- ISIPT membership required; must be renewed annually to maintain certification.
- Utilization of IPT in clinical, academic or research practices.
- Five years of experience supervising IPT.
- Completion of specific supervisor’s training, academic course, or training through a research project that covered the core competencies and adherence elements of IPT where available.
- Cover letter no longer than two pages providing rationale for applying for ISIPT Supervisor Certification.
- Image of a government issued identification.
- Letter of recommendation from another IPT trainer or supervisor who has observed the applicant’s work and can provide feedback on supervision competencies.
- Proof of completed didactic IPT supervision training if available.
- Written documentation, including setting and patient population, of providing IPT supervision to a minimum of four different clinicians; direct supervision of trainees in at least four IPT cases per clinician, including a minimum of eight hours of supervision with each trainee per case.
- Letter from (at least one) supervisee, i.e., psychologist, nurse, psychiatry resident, social work student and specifics of any IPT adaptations utilized (IPT-A, IPC, IPT-PTSD are some examples.) documenting successful IPT supervision.
Maintenance of Certification
- Supervisors will need to recertify every five years.
- Applications can be submitted online through the ISIPT member portal.
- Supervisors due to recertify will be sent a reminder of their recertification one year prior to the end date of their certification.
- Supervisors are required to submit documentation of 40 hours of supervision of at least three supervisees over the last five years or a minimum of eight hours of supervisor trainings, or a minimum of eight hours of training workshops, consultations, webinars, etc. that have helped maintain supervising skills, knowledge and experience since initial certification.
- Supervisors must have maintained membership in ISIPT over the previous five years.
- Supervisors must have maintained professional license or credentials.
- Application will be made online. There will be annual application period(s), date(s) TBD posted on www.interpersonalpsychotherapy.org.
- Payment for re-certification will be required at the time of submission. Regardless of the outcome of the application, no refunds will be offered.
- Full application will be reviewed by the ISIPT Certification Committee.
- Notification to candidate will occur 8-12 weeks after the submission deadline.
- For information about the final round of legacied Supervisor and Trainer certifications, click here.(deadline for submission May 6, 2022)
Fees (following final round of legacied certification)
- Supervisor Certification: $450 USD
- Fee waivers may be offered to therapists from World Bank Lower-Middle and Lower Income countries by written request to email@example.com.